Monday, May 16, 2011

Thankful





We got a new puppy 2 weeks ago today - unfortunately, we had to have our 14 year old terrier mix put down a while back and we were feeling the void.  We have been a 2-dog home for quite a while.  We were lucky to find the cutest little toy fox terrier/shi tzu mix puppy and had to have him!  He's doing well in our house....but it's almost like having a baby again!  I'm often up in the middle of the night to let him out to do his business.  I know it won't be like this forever....he's just little...it will take time.

Unfortunately, having a puppy can be stressful too.  Last weekend, I let him outside and it slipped my mind that he was out there.  When I went out to call him in, I noticed that the side gate had been left open.  I called him and called him and he didn't respond so I went to  my next door neighbour and asked if their daughter could help me.  Without hesitation, they were all out with me searching the cul-de-sac for him....then another set of neighbours from down the street  joined in.  We eventually found him - he had come back in the house at some point.  I think maybe he was hiding under the deck and didn't hear me calling him.  Needless to say, I was relieved and quite thankful for all the help that my neighbours were willing to give...so I brought each family over some homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and this card.  The inspiration came from a page from the June 2010 Scrapbooks Etc magazine (page 62).

No comments: